Social Media & Influencer Law
The growth of digital content and its consumption has created new opportunities, challenges and disputes. The law has had to evolve, in some aspects, to accommodate the changing nature of communication, content and partnerships that rise out of social media and other digital channels.
We recognise that the changing landscape of media and communication requires an expert legal purview, which we at Freeman Harris offer.
How can Freeman Harris help you with legal matters over social media and digital channels?
Our purpose is to assist you with social media matters where you need a legal expert to give you the assistance you require. We can assist you with the following areas of work:
- Influencer agreements
- Defamation on social media
- Digital advertisement guidance and regulations
- Harassment on social media
- Licensing content
- Online terms and conditions
- Social media copyright issues
- Social media policy for employers
Our team has developed significant expertise in social media matters. We understand how to formalise relationships between influencers and brands, research matters to resolve in disputes, deal with copyright or policy matters and advise on social media usage.
Recent social media work
- Defended an individual with a complex social media harassment claim involving an HNI individual.
- Advised and drafted agreements for an emerging fashion brand and the influencers they used.
- Assisted a company in defending a claim for use of copyrighted social media content.
If you have a social media legal matter, please contact us, and we will outline the service we can offer, and the associated costs.
Our Legal Team
Ian launched and developed the IP department of the firm in conjunction with the largest IP firm in the US. He has a great understanding of IP matters including copyright law.
Niki assists with all IP matters by conducting research and liaising with clients.
Abdul carries out a broad range of legal work which include copyright protection and infringement.
Common social media law Questions
What our clients say
Social Media Law Fees
|Harrassment Cease & Desist Letter||From £450||£90||£540|
|Intellectual Property Advice||£150||£30||£180|
|Intellectual Property Infringement||£250 hourly rate||£50||£300 hourly rate|