We offer supportive and Expert copyright licensing & dispute services to clients in london and beyond
Contact our IP team
Copyright Lawyers – Infringements & Assignments
Copyright protection is essential if you want to make sure that others do not take advantage of your original, creative and intellectual creation. Copyright in simple terms means a right to copy a work. Copyright work is categorised according to:
- original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic;
- film, sound recordings and broadcasts; and
- typographical arrangements.
Every business has copyright work that they possess. Although copyright may seem like the simplest form of intellectual property (IP) that does not require registration unlike trade marks, copyright law can be highly complex. At Freeman Harris, we have developed an expertise in dealing with copyright law matters from copyright disputes arising from infringement to assignment and licensing of copyright.
How can Freeman Harris’s Copyright Lawyers help you with your matter?
We can directly help you in the UK or EU with your copyright matter. From enforcing your copyright to helping you set up licenses of your copyright works. Best of all, our London based copyright lawyers offer this legal service at a reasonable fee, so you don’t have to worry about the finances.
Copyright laws differ between jurisdictions, but we work with a network of associates who cover all major markets. Our Copyright solicitors can offer advice on copyright ownership, infringement and fair use. We can also help you leverage copyright with third parties.
Recent Copyright Work
- Acted on behalf of an emerging fashion label working with the likes of Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton whose copyright work was being used by another company without permission to promote their work.
- Advised a popular author in a niche area about issues arising from their contract with a major publishing house (Penguin Books).
- Defended a claim of copyright infringement by one of the leading online course providers.
- Advised a popular rapper on their rights over music videos shot by their production company and managed by a third party online.
Our Legal Team
Ian launched and developed the IP department of the firm in conjunction with the largest IP firm in the US. He has a great understanding of IP matters including copyright law.
Niki assists with all IP matters by conducting research and liaising with clients.
Abdul carries out a broad range of legal work which include copyright protection and infringement.
Copyright Lawyer Fees
Fees: Hourly Rate
Cease & Desist
Cease & Desist Letter: £250
Cease & Desist Advice: £120
Fees exclusive of VAT and disbursements
N.B. provided simple and straightforward