Whiplash Lawyers for Car Accidents No Win No Fee

Nobody wants it to happen to them, but even the most careful drivers have accidents on the road sometimes. Road traffic accidents can be distressing events that ruin your day, causing inconvenience, damage, or even injury. If you’ve had an accident that wasn’t your fault, you have the right to receive compensation. Freeman Harris has a wealth of experience in dealing with Road Traffic Accidents, and we’ve helped people with injuries ranging from minor to life changing get back on their feet. Not only that, but we can also help you with:

  • Roadside recovery of your car
  • Replacement cars (PCO registered available)
  • Secure storage of your car
  • Professional repair of your car

Some of our car accident & whiplash solicitors

Sam Harris, partner at Freeman Harris

Sam Harris
With over 20 years’ experience in personal injury law I am well placed to head up our specialist department in this field. I have worked for both insurance companies and on private cases.

Portrait of Choy Chan, immigration and PI lawyer

Choy Chan
Many individuals and businesses have immigration, litigation, and debt recovery issues. I advise on all these areas of law and am happy dealing with large companies and individuals alike.

Contact us for free advice if you’ve been involved in a car accident !

Who do I claim against?

Who you claim against when you’ve had a road accident depends on the type of accident you’ve had. If you’re in an accident with another vehicle that wasn’t your fault -regardless of whether you were a pedestrian, cyclist, passenger or driver- you will be claiming against the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident. If the accident was caused due to poor or neglected road surfaces, then you could be claiming against the local authority.

What should I do when I've have had a road traffic accident?

  • STOP. The first thing you must do if there has been an accident is stop. In fact, failing to do so is an offence under the Road Traffic Act. Regardless of how mild the crash looks, you should pull in safely and put your hazard lights on.
  • CHECK AND REPORT. Check to see if anyone is injured. You should call an ambulance if necessary. You should also report the accident to the police immediately, especially if the road is blocked by a vehicle. Failure to report an accident within 24 hours may qualify as an offence carrying a large fine or points on your license. By reporting the incident to the police, you could also make things much easier for yourself. If it turns out that the other driver did not have valid insurance then a police accident report is your proof that the accident really happened.
  • SWAP DETAILS. If you are the driver, make sure you exchange names, address, contact details and insurance details with the other parties. If you are unable to do so, take down the registration numbers of the vehicles involved.
  • COLLECT INFORMATION. While it’s fresh in your mind, collect as much information as possible about the crash. Note down details about make, model and colour of the vehicles, the time and date, the weather conditions and the road conditions. If you have a camera with you, or on your mobile phone, take some photographic evidence. Draw yourself a diagram of the event and write a statement of events. You should also take down the names and contact details of any people that were present at the accident and are willing to be your witness.
  • TELL YOUR INSURER. Most policies will require you to fully disclose any accident you might have, so make sure to tell your insurer. There is often a time limit on how soon you need to report. If you fail to report an accident in time, you could invalidate your insurance which will leave you with a very big bill to pay. It’s better to check your policy and report the accident as soon as possible.

Dealing with injuries and financial losses

If you’ve had an injury, see a medical professional as soon as possible and keep a record. This could be X-Rays, photographs, doctors letters or any details of medical visits. Keep the receipts of any out-of-pocket expenses, like prescriptions or travel costs to and from hospital. If you’ve had to miss work, get a letter from your employer stating the hours and income you have, or will, lose. By having this information to hand, you’ll make the process of claiming for compensation much easier for yourself. You can receive compensation for medical costs, transport costs, damage to your vehicle, and a lump sum or for your loss of earnings.

We specialise in dealing with road traffic accidents and have great track record of getting compensation for our clients.

Common Car/Whiplash Accident Questions

Can I claim compensation for whiplash?

Yes, you can. Though whiplash claims have come under fire recently, it can be a serious medical problem that can cause pain in the neck, back and head. Whiplash can be a severe problem and should be compensated accordingly.

Do I need a medical report or a doctor's note to make a claim?

You might still be able to claim if you have other evidence, but you should see a doctor as soon as possible as some medical problems can take some time to show. Medical evidence can be one of the most important supports of your case.

Can I make a claim if I wasn’t in my own car?

Yes, absolutely. It doesn’t matter if you were in a hired car, company car, bus or taxi, you can still make a claim if you suffered an injury on the road that wasn’t your fault.

Can a passenger make a claim?

Yes. Anyone in the car that suffered an injury can claim compensation. Pedestrians and other road users such as cyclists can also make a claim.

What information do I need to make a claim?

Keep as detailed a record of events as you can. Collecting the details of other involved in the accident, the circumstances of the events and any medical records will make your claim much stronger. Make a folder containing the information or photographs you have collected at the scene and any relevant receipts or information, and be sure to bring it with you when you make an appointment with us.

Get in touch